Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria (RIFAN) is the global advocate for all segments of the Nigerian rice industry with a mission to promote and protect the interests of its members. RIFAN has over 12.2 million members who are involved in Rice farming, Milling, Storage and Management, Trading and Marketing, Export, Research and Training and Allied businesses.
- RIFAN’s success story includes the following feats:
- The registration of over 12.2 million members across the 36 states of the country and the FCT;
- Has 148 officials across the country at National, State, Local Government and Ward levels;
- Successfully implemented the Anchor Borrowers Programme across the country in conjunction with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN);
- Identification of all small-scale farmers across the country and partnering for achieving self-sufficiency in rice farming in the country;
- Identification of all large-scale rice farmers
- Implementation and facilitation of the Outgrower scheme